Sunday, April 26, 2009

Taking the Plunge

I'm scared shitless. We (I think) are going to purchase a new vehicle. Not new-new, but new to me. Needless to say, it's given me a rumbly in my tumbly and not hungry kind either.

WTF, right? We just purchased Virginia (the Van) last year. Before that we had purchased Goldie (the Grand Prix). Why on God's green earth are we switching around vehicles again?

Let me set the record straight. We aren't people that change vehicles more than we change underwear. Oh no! That is SO not us. I mean, we had Tommy (the Tahoe) for 6 years before Goldie (the Grand Prix) came into the picture. Hell, we still have Tommy (the Tahoe) and always will!

I loved Goldie (the Grand Prix). She was my dream car. Unfortunately, we didn't realize that we'd finally get knocked up...and carseats don't fit so well in a sports car. Enter Virginia (the Van). She was a mistake. Please forgive me, Van Goddesses for saying it, but I hate driving a van. It was an impulse and "Boy Howdy, I'm sick and-fucking-tired of maneuvering that infant carrier in the car" move.

So, tomorrow, we might welcome a new vehicle into our lives. I know you are all dying to meet her too. I think her name is going to be Rachelle the Red Chevy Suburban, but we'll call her Chelle. Unless anyone has any better names out there.

3 comments:

  1. Rachelle the Red Chevy Suburban sounds awesome. We have a white SUV and I enjoy sitting up high so I can see when driving. We also have room for everyone in our family. lol (Gas eater though)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I know what you mean about the van!!! We did the same thing! Then I got my expedition...oh boy! That was an impulse thing. I wasn't planning on getting rid of the van, but Joel found it and it was love at first sight. Vans are just so NOT me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that I'm not the only one who stresses about a new car... My husband "made" me buy one about 1 month ago and I almost broke down on the way thinking about it all!

    ReplyDelete

Say it